Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chapter 1 Reflection

Reflect on the characteristics of special learners.

When deciding on becoming an elementary education major I did not think of dealing with students who use different dialect. The thought never crossed my mind of having students who have physical disabilities. I also did not think about the fact that some of my students might be impoverished. Assistive technology has become popular in recent years. This is any technical device that makes life and learning easier for this disabled. It is important for teachers to know about technology so that when a disabled student enters their classroom they will know to handle the situation. The market is trying to promote these devices towards teachers. This way more than one disabled student will be able to use them. They would do this for students with more common disabilities. Those with more critical handicaps should purchase their own technical device to improve their lives. Educators are a prime target for sales of assistive technology. I have actually used assistive technology myself. I cannot hear very well and sometimes I have to use a recorder to play back to myself after class. After reading this chapter I will definitely spend more time checking into ways to help my students with disabilities. I feel like I will go out of my way to try to help all of the students in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Puppies