Standard Five
5. Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership
Teachers demonstrate improvement in the classroom and community by using digital tools and resources.
Performance Indicators for Teachers:
• Attend global learning communities and learn more about applications to improve the classroom experience for their students.
• Show leadership by demonstrating a dream of technology infusion to improve technological skills of others.
• Stay up to date with the newest technology.
Reflection:
It is important for teachers to strive for excellence. A negative attitude from teachers towards technology could negatively influence students. If teachers all over America would take this into consideration our children would benefit greatly. Wanting to help others improve their technology skills is a necessity for teachers. In my evidence that I met this standard I included Assistive Technology because it shows that I understand the importance of knowing the newest programs for handicapped students. Allowing those with handicaps to be relieved of their problems because of technology is amazing. It shows that I understand the importance of the influence technology has on the lives of students. I showed that I am eager to learn about the latest and greatest for those students. I included my youtube video because it shows that I understand the importance of learning from others. It is a great way to get others ideas on a subject. This website has definitely changed education in today’s world because you can find a video on almost anything. It allows not only our country to communicate, but the entire world. I also included my website because it would show my students and parents the importance of technology. It would help to improve the technological skills of others.
Artifacts/Evidence:
• Assistive Technology
• Youtube Video
• Website
Future Learning Goals:
My future goals are to go out of my way to learn about the latest technology and computer programs. I also would like to attend workshops on ways to improve my classroom using technology. I believe this could help me to give students enthusiasm about learning computer skills. I also would like to use youtube videos to allow students to learn something from someone other than their teacher. I believe this would help them put trust in what I have taught them because they could hear it from someone else.
Chapter 12 Reflection
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment